Women, Infant and Children program is open to any resident meeting income guidelines: WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines and many medical card recipients are eligible. Wic offers services to pregnant women postpartum women, infant and child up to age 5. If found eligible you will receive valuable food coupons to use to purchase healthy foods for your family such as: Milk, cheese, bread, eggs, juice, fruits and veggies, baby foods, baby cereals. If you are unable to breastfeed we can assist with formula supplementation.
WIC program offers:
- Nutrition assessment-our Certified Health Professionals will complete a nutrition assessment with each participant and offer advice and medically proven guidance on how to keep you and your family as healthy as possible.
- Weight monitoring- We will weight you, your infant or child at any time to help you keep track and be sure you are on a track to a healthy pregnancy and that your infant or child are gaining weight appropriately. Many new mom”s worry that their new baby may not be gaining enough weight. We can easy your mind, just stop in and ask for a weight check.
- Iron testing- this is completed with a single finger stick to determine if your iron levels are low causing you to be anemic
- Nutrition counseling- Our Certified He-lath Professionals will offer nutritional information for your specific situation so that you and your child can thrive to the best possible health status. Our office also offers classes that incorporate cooking, and recipients using the WIC foods that are provided to help you get the most out of your WIC food dollars.
- Breastfeeding education & Support- Our office has 3 Certified Lactation Consultants on staff waiting to assist you on your breastfeeding journey. We also offer breastfeeding preparation classes, along with ongoing assistance once the baby is delivered. If a breast pump is needed we can assist you in obtaining a pump through Medicaid or offer referrals to a durable medical for private insurance claims. Mothers who”s baby had to stay at the hospital may need a hospital grade breast pump to assist with milk supply until the baby can latch. We offer a loaner pump program to assist them until their baby comes home.
How to Obtain Services
502 Shaw Ave, Paris IL 61944
Click for Directions
Hours: Monday 8am-7pm, Tues-Friday 8am-3:15pm
WIC is an equal opportunity provider.