“IDPH has partnered with the Rockefeller Foundation for Project Access COVID Tests (ACT). Project ACT is aimed to reduce the spread of COVID-19 through providing households with free antigen tests that provide results in just minutes. All tests can be easily administered and interpreted in the comfort of your own home.”
Steps to Order your FREE COVID-19 Test kits (1 kit= 5 tests) through Project Act:
1. Click on this link: Project ACT | Home (accesscovidtests.org)
2. Click on the search bar where it says “Enter Zip Code”
3. Type in Zip Code
4. If your zip code is eligible, a box will pop up saying “Congratulations! (Insert Zip Code) is eligible for free, rapid, at-home COVID-19 test kits. Sign up to get your tests through the mail:”
5. Click the blue button that says “Send me my tests.”
6. It will take you to a screen that says “Order your Test Kit” at the top. Fill in all the boxes with your information, then click next.
7. It will take you to a screen with your information populated. Make sure that it is correct, then click “Place your order” at the bottom of the screen.
8. Wait to receive your free test kit in the mail!
(Certain communities are eligible to order more than once and perhaps even on a monthly basis).
Source: Project ACT Eligible ZIP Codes (illinois.gov)